Special Offer Just for CenterLink Members
One Community Center will receive complimentary board development consulting based on the upcoming book "Successful Nonprofits Build Supercharged Boards"
Does your Center experience issues with board members
- Attending board meetings?
- Participating on committees in a meaningful way?
- Interacting in ways that disrupt meetings?
- Focusing on operational issues instead of policy and oversight?
- Failing to make an annual contribution?
- Fundraising effectively?
If lack of board engagement and effectiveness is holding your Center back, our "Supercharged Boards" consulting package will provide a comprehensive system that includes evaluating the board, setting and enforcing expectations, setting rules of engagement, refocusing and energizing committees, defining board and staff roles, developing a strong orientation,and launching a robust recruitment campaign.
As part of our partnership with CenterLink, The Goldenburg Group will provide one complimentary Supercharged Board consulting package to a CenterLink member. Based on Goldenburg's new book "Successful Nonprofits Build Supercharged Boards", the package will include the following services at absolutely no cost to the selected Center:
i. External board evaluation
ii. Written report detailing the results of the assessment and specific recommendations
iii. Facilitation of a full day retreat to communicate the report and begin the process of implementing recommendations
iv. Remote support for completing the other eight steps of the “Successful Nonprofits Build Supercharged Boards” system
The Goldenburg Group will select one LGBT community center to receive this complimentary consulting package, and those that apply must meet the following criteria:
- Are a current CenterLink member
- Have an annual budget between $250,000 and $1.5 million
- Obtain a board resolution agreeing to 100% board participation in the process if selected. This resolution should also indicate which of the two available dates the board will host the board retreat
- Able to start the process by mid-April, which includes individual interviews with each board member
- Able to host a board retreat on Saturday May 9 or Saturday May 16 (Center will need to provide space, refreshments, photocopies, and A/V equipment)
- Hold monthly board and committee meetings June - September
- Commit to participating in the 2015 Leadership Summit
- Agree to the standard terms and conditions of The Goldenburg Group LLC contract, within one week of being selected
- Complete an online survey (below) providing key details about the organization
While only one organization will receive a complimentary Supercharged Boards package, all organizations completing the survey below will receive a complimentary 60 minute consultation with Dolph Ward Goldenburg with its executive director and board chair. The deadline for completing the survey below is Friday April 3, with one Center being selected the week of April 6.